There is also a large Link commission that was delayed due to both lack of spare time and my cats messing it up when I wasn't around. The customer has been informed, but I just wanted to make this mistake and apology public. I'm incredibly sorry about the delay!
So look forward to some updates later this week! I'm not dead!
- First off, the giveaway is only happening on Twitter. For multiple reasons, neither Deviant Art nor Facebook will be involved other than announcements.
- The giveaway is running from 09/20/14 to the end of 09/27/14. So from this Saturday to next Saturday!
- If you're already following me on Twitter you're already entered!
- For those of you aren't already following me, you'll need to follow me on Twitter (at least until the contest is over) to qualify. That's it!
- To begin with, there is a guaranteed first prize: free $30 worth of merchandise from my Etsy store! (Odds are 1/449 at the beginning of the contest.)
- If I hit 600 followers during the contest, I'll add a second prize. I'll let you guys know what that is if it happens. (1/300 odds of winning)
- If I hit 750 followers during the contest, I'll add a mystery third prize. (1/250 odds of winning)
- Any more than 750 followers and I'll see about adding more prizes at a faster rate!
- Your odds of winning something go up if more people are following me! So don't be afraid of retweeting the giveaway thinking you're lowering your odds.
- If I see a crap ton of spam accounts following me all the sudden I'll take them off the followers list, and they ultimately won't count towards the total follower count.
- FREE SHIPPING FOR PRIZES ONLY APPLIES TO AMERICANS! If you're international you'll need to either pay shipping separately or include it in your prize amount.
I don't have sales very often, much less ones that offer a full 20% off, so if you've been thinking about spending now is the time!
Good news for those of you that liked what you saw at my tables this year but didn't see your favorite waifu- commissions are open! I've got a few to fill out from Bronycon and one rather large one from Etsy, and then after that my crafting time is completely free! Remember, I can totally do OCs for about the same price as canon characters. If you're interested about commissions just message me on my DA, facebook, Twitter, or Etsy pages! (Protip: I respond fastest to Twitter, followed by Etsy.)
Next con I'm looking at next year is Babscon during Easter weekend. Not sure what my Summer schedule will look like next year, but I know for sure it'll at least have Grand Brony Gala in it somewhere! Support your local con scene guys!
ANYWAYS, if you're going tell me if there's any minor characters you'd like to see! So far I'm thinking I'll make Mane-iac, Sunset Shimmer, and Brad the waifu stealer plus some characters I already designed for Bronycon. Plus I'll be making villain headbands since they sold so well at previous conventions this Summer! (If you want to buy a Discord one I suggest you head over to my table ASAP Friday morning, as he's always the first to go!) I'll be listing villain headbands online after this convention, but why wait when you can get them at the Gala!
With Bronycon less than 2 week's away I've got an estimated character list of silly fillies for you guys! What do I mean by estimated? Well, I've got the majority of my work done BUT not all of it. This list is NOT absolute. Why am I not waiting until all the work is done for a definite total? I may have to ship some things to my hotel a week in advance as well as make a few extra characters the night before I leave. Typing up a list last minute is not only stressful, but some people that may have already arrived in Baltimore without computer access may miss it. Oh, and it would leave little to no time for those who like to plan out their vendor hall route to actually plan.
So without further ado, the character list, divided into sections based on how many I plan on making / have already made.
Mass Produced (10+):
- Rainbow Dash
- Vinyl Scratch
Fully Stocked (5-9):
- Twilight Sparkle
- Pinkie Pie
- Queen Chrysalis
- Apple Bloom
- Sweetie Belle
- Big Mac
- Woona (Season 1 Version Luna)
Moderately Stocked (3-4):
- King Sombra
- Maud Pie
- Doctor Whooves
- Shining Armor
- Coco Pommel
- Fluffle Puff
- Royal Canterlot Guard
- Spa Twins
- Diamond Tiara
- Silver Spoon
- Sapphire Shores
- Young Granny Smith
And that's the estimated total of characters for silly fillies this year! If you don't see a character you want feel free to comment. Stands for each of these will be $1 each in case you prefer to put them on your desk instead of your wall or fridge, although I'll warn you now that not all characters can fit in stands.
Oh, and one last thing: prices have gone up a little this year due to significantly increased costs. Last year I split a table, drove with 2 other people, and stayed in a hotel room with 2 other people. This year I'm flying, not splitting a table, and staying in a hotel room with one other person. So, without further ado, the new flat price of all silly fillies is $10 a piece, with possible discounts available if you buy 4 or more at a time. The only exception is Discord, who is $20. More detailed characters like Celestia and Sombra are the same price as they would be online, but other characters do have a bit of an increase. However, the increase isn't more than whatever you'd pay for shipping online, and for international visitors will certainly be less. Just letting you guys know now so you don't yell in my face at the convention.
Can't wait to see so many of you at Bronycon!
A reasonable expectation of silly fillies at this point is 150 with a stretch goal of 200. I've still got to make about 20 or so perler headbands including custom villain headbands like Discord and Chrysalis. (I'll post a nice photo of those on DA hopefully before Bronycon, as they were some of the first items to sell at Trotcon. Guess people really liked them!) I'll also be selling rings that I already made for Trotcon, and if I have enough time I'll also be selling perler bracelets and necklaces. However with only 18 days left and me having to leave some unfinished silly fillies on my desk this weekend because my perler shipment is being slow I wouldn't count on me getting to bracelets and necklaces before the con... at least not in bulk. Same goes for big perlers and 3D perler ponies.
So if you're going to Bronycon and are interested in anything from my store here are some things you should know specifically for my shop:
- I'll be making between 150 to 200 silly fillies.
- Silly fillies are BY FAR my fastest selling and most popular product at cons.
- There are about 20 characters I'll be making in bulk with 10-20 more characters made in smaller amounts. A character list will be posted later.
- If you want a lesser demand character let me know in the comments and I'll consider it.
- Villain headbands will include Discord, Chrysalis, and Tirek. Sorry, no NMM.
- Normal pony headbands did not sell well for me last year so I will be making very limited inventory of them.
- Twilight Sparkle has not been selling well AT ALL, so I'm not making any new items for her. Basically it's just Trotcon leftovers. (If you want the entire mane six set of silly fillies you better swing by my table Friday morning.)
- There will not be a lot of big perlers. As of now, I'm selling 2 Maud headshots, 1 Luna headshot, 1 Spitfire Headshot, and 1 Sugarcube Corner. No plans for new ones.
- I sold 3D Scootaloo and 3D Chrysalis perler ponies already. The only one left is Big Mac. If I have time I'd like to make a 3D Luna with flowy hair, but no promises. If you love 3D perler ponies and want to make a suggestion for a different character, feel free to comment.
- If you want to commission something in time for pick up at Bronycon ORDER ASAP! I can't do large items but if you just want a silly filly OC there's just enough time to slip it in.
- I'll be taking commissions at Bronycon, and yes, you'll have to pay ahead of time for both the item and shipping.
And here's some things you should know about Bronycon shopping in general:
- If you plan on spending $150 or more in the vendor's room and plan on buying from at least 4 different vendors I would highly recommend making a game plan for what you're going to buy and where.
- No matter what you want to buy, go into the vendor's room FIRST THING Friday morning. Some things will sell out within the first hour, much less the entire morning.
- If you want official Bronycon merchandise, you can preorder it on their site and pick it up whenever instead of having to wait in line for an hour like last year. Yes, including those adorable OC plushes!
- If you're buying from any vendors that make their own items by hand or only partially by machine (myself, The Paper Pony, and Cutie Coral are all good examples), chances are we won't be able to make enough stock to completely fulfill the demand. Visit crafters like these FIRST THING Friday morning!
- Visit vendors that sell normal mass produced merchandise LAST. Let's face it, you can get the majority of their inventory online at a cheaper price (although this might not apply to international visitors). Personally I avoid merch sellers altogether unless they have a good sale on Sunday, but whatever floats your boat.
- If there's a Bronycon exclusive Enterplay card, chances are it won't be worth much considering how many thousands of people are going to Bronycon. Not worth waiting in line for.
- DO NOT ASK FOR DISCOUNTS BEFORE SUNDAY unless you're buying in bulk. I'd consider bulk to be 4+, but every vendor is different.
- I need to emphasize here that you do not demand or automatically expect a vendor to have any sort of sale or discount even if it is Sunday. Even if they usually have a sale they may not give it to you if you come up to them with a shitty attitude. Ask nicely, and if they say no move on. No need to waste their time and yours by being pushy about it.
- It's okay to browse, but don't just stand there looking for 5 minutes without even having the slightest intention of buying anything unless the vendor's hall is near empty.
- Same goes for friendly chatting. Vendors typically like (or at least don't mind) minimal chatter when business is slow, but do not expect a full conversation. They will immediately switch their attention over to some getting their wallet out because as a vendor, sales are what they're there to do. It's not rude, it's business. And don't even think about chatting on Friday morning when the place is packed.
- The vendor's hall was big last year, but it's big enough to be it's own convention this year! Wear comfortable clothes. If you're a cosplayer and plan on cosplaying everyday, pick the most comfy outfit on Friday with tennis shoes and shorts underneath. No need to ruin your feet the first few hours of the con.
- I know this goes without saying for most human beings, but I'll say it anyways: FOR FUCK'S SAKE, TAKE A SHOWER AT LEAST EVERYDAY!!!
And psst... if you want a custom commission now would be a good time to order. I'm working on four orders from the convention now, but from there it's going to be a non-stop Bronycon stock-a-thon!
For those not going, I'll try to post updates on my twitter as the con is going on. Hopefully the cell phone signal will be good, because I am waaaaay too cheap to pay for hotel wifi everyday!
I'll try this panel again at Grand Brony Gala, but I may have to cancel that one too if I don't get people preregistering by the time Bronycon ends. If you really did want to go to this panel and you're going to GBG then PLEASE PREREGISTER OR AT LEAST TELL ME YOU'LL PAY WHEN YOU GET THERE!
If you want to participate it's $5 per crafting kit. You can go to the panel for free without a crafting kit, but it won't be nearly as fun! If you want a crafting kit here's how to reserve one:
1. Contact me by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Title your message "Trotcon Panel"
3. List the following info:
- Your name
- How many craft kits you'll need
- What character(s) you want out of the mane six
- How many people are in your group (if it's not just you)
- The name on your paypal account
- Your email address
4. Pay the Paypal invoice you'll receive after I get your message.
Please be sure to bring a proper ID to the panel so that we can sign you in and get you your kit(s). The panel room limit is 65 people, so if you want to both guarantee that you get into the crafting panel and get the kit you want PLEASE pay ahead of time! Depending on how many people sign up I'll try to bring some extra kits in case others want to pay for them at the convention, but if you wait you may not get the character you want.
Twilight Sparkle: www.etsy.com/listing/103427924…
Pinkie Pie: www.etsy.com/listing/103427924…
Rainbow Dash: www.etsy.com/listing/103427632…
Since this is my first time with a premium account my profile might look a little cluttered and confused over the next week or two. I still need to figure out how I'm going to set everything up, plus I need to find or make a profile theme... I can probably make it. We'll see. So please be patient as I toy around and have fun with this!
Thanks again Calpain! Can't wait to hang out with you after the vendor room closes at Trotcon!
Yes, this includes 6 packs, Discord, and grab bags! This means you could potentially get 18 silly fillies for $60 if you got two value 6 packs and asked for another 6 pack for free! (That's $3.33 per filly! CHEAP, I know!) Free item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Sale lasts until Sunday at Midnight. No coupon code needed, just tell me what you want in the comment section of your order. Fastest shipping priority goes to the customer that buys first, so don't wait on this special offer!
So in order to kill two birds with one stone, everything in the silly filly section is now buy 2 get 1 free! NO COUPON CODE NEEDED, just tell me which additional filly you want when you're checking out. This includes OC fillies and fillies that aren't currently listed, (although you may want to message me ahead of time to make sure I have the right colors for your OC or an unlisted character). It also includes the smallest Discord I have available, and he's at a nice scale compared to the fillies. I can set your order up for Bronycon, Trotcon or Grand Brony Gala pickup if you want as well.
Oh, one more thing. Are you vending at Bronycon, Trotcon or Grand Brony Gala? Want to do a trade? Contact me about it! Just know now that these trades need to happen before the vendor's room / artist alley closes on Friday, otherwise I'll sell your goods! I had some people come up to me Sunday afternoon last year during Bronycon with trades and I had hardly anything to offer them. Don't make the same mistake!
Here's a link to the silly filly section of my store. Have fun browsing or maybe even buying~ www.etsy.com/shop/ThePerlerPon…
Etsy Store: www.etsy.com/shop/ThePerlerPon…
Congrats brony! I'll be messaging them tonight as well as tweeting them. The prize is $25 Etsy store credit as well as up to $5 shipping credit. If they either don't respond in 48 hours or refuse to give me an address to ship the goods to I'll pick a random number again for a new winner! Believe it or not Keldeo was the second name drawn. First guy hadn't been active since last February so I skipped him. Stay active on your social networking sites guys!
So what's the prize this time? 1st prize will be a $25 credit good towards anything in The Perler Pony Etsy store PLUS a free shipping credit worth up to $5 (for Americans only). So for example, you could buy $25 worth of silly fillies and that would be about $5 shipping for Americans, so you'd get everything completely free! Or, you could use that $25 credit to buy a new 3D specialty pony commission for the discounted price of $45 (which is normally $70) and the discounted shipping price of $10 for Americans (normally $15).
2nd prize will be a $15 store credit and 3rd prize will be a $10 store credit, both with $5 shipping credits. HOWEVER, these prizes need to be unlocked. How can they be unlocked? See below:
2nd Prize Unlock:
250 Total Twitter Followers
225 Total Facebook Likes
250 Total Deviant Art Watchers
3rd Prize Unlock:
300 Total Twitter Followers
250 Total Facebook Likes
300 Deviant Art Watchers
And on the off chance that both of these conditions get fulfilled before New Year's, I will add a 4th and perhaps even a 5th place, each being the same prize as 3rd place. You can enter until midnight Jan 6th. I'll take a break on Jan 7th since it's my Birthday, (thus the giveaway title), and hopefully on the 8th I'll be able to announce the winners. PLEASE NOTE that if an empty/inactive account gets chosen I will skip it and move to another one. You can also only win once, so if a name gets pulled twice I'll skip it the second time.
Good luck everyone! Your odds of winning a prize increase when more prizes are unlocked (I'm asking for far less than double the amount of current followers with each prize unlock) so share the crap out of this giveaway!
Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/ThePerlerPon… (Use Code NEWYEAR14 for 10% off the entire store until Jan 2nd!)
And if you're reading this you should know how to get to my DA. If you have any questions please post them in the comments section so that everyone can see the Q/As.
- Listening to: Various Ponyville Live Stations
- Playing: Skyrim on PS3
- Eating: Christmas Leftovers
- Drinking: ALL THE BOOZE
(If you're reading this you already know how to get to my DA, so I'm not posting that here. )
This sale is only going on for a limited time, so go to The Perler Pony on Etsy now!
Anywho, Grand Brony Gala started selling vendor and artist spots not too long ago, and I'd like to buy a table ASAP. Even with my graduation happening next semester and my overall career future blanketed in mystery at the moment I would like to think that out of all the cons I want to sell at next year, GBG would be the most likely due to location and late Summer timing. Problem is, that compared to last year where I had more money to spend and I ended up buying a table very early, this year my part time job only gives me 8 hours a week tops, so it basically just covers my gas, food, and <$50 for games/pony merch if I'm smart with it or cover someone else's shift one week. So even if I save up that $50 each month, it would still take over 3 months to fund my table. Therefore, I'm going to try and ramp up production for The Perler Pony whenever I can and start advertising again. Whenever I make money on Etsy it'll only go towards paying for my table until it is paid for. To help me track my progress, starting today every time I make a sale I will put the sale (after fees and not including shipping charge) in a counter. You can help by buying something from my store! I'm hoping I can pay for it by the end of the year or earlier.
(The total amount needed might go up to $185.60 if I confirm someone as my assistant, but I believe I can buy that add on later if needed.)